Monday 22 February 2016

Lake Tekapo

I obtained my camper van around 6 PM which is very later for me.

Route: Christchurch-àLake Tekapo  243 km, 3 hours 13 mins in the Mackenzie Basin.

So you can imagine it was very dark when I arrived the holiday park. This is the place I settled the van:

Accommodation:  Powered site
Lake Tekapo Motels & Holiday Park

The manager of the park is very considerate and they have expected some guests would arrive very late, the security card and parking information had been packed well in an envelop so I got to my place very easily.   

The township faces north across the remarkable turquoise coloured lake to the mountainous drama of the Southern AlpsLake Tekapo is a very tranquil place and we should stay here longer than we had been. The holiday park is just very close to the lake, and there was a business man there who can rent kayak and canoe for tourists. I am not happy with the guy because he forgot us after I paid, so I just got my payment back and walked away.

Lake Tekapo is also a good place for stargazing in the middle night, my wife and daughter went outside at night and they said the stars hanging in the sky are just like what we had seen in the planetarium room in Melbourne science work. It was a pity I didn’t see it.

I remember there was a delicious food---salmon fish in the Good Shepherd, it was very fresh and not cooked, thus it tasted quite smooth inside mouth. I think it was sterilized.







No comments:

Post a Comment