Tuesday 23 February 2016

Mount Cook

Route: Lake Tekapoà Mt cook   101 km – about 1 hour 26 mins
We camped here with a non-powered site:
Glentanner Park Centre
Mount Cook is really a fairy land in the earth.  I don’t want to say more with my barren language.  I f I could I would spend half of my journey time here. There is a hooker valley for walk track, the full Hooker Valley walk takes 4 hours return. Starting at the Visitor Centre or White Horse Hill campground/carpark (at the end of Hooker Valley Rd off State Highway 80). The track leads up the Hooker Valley, along the Hooker River and ends at the glacier lake, where there are amazing views of Aoraki/Mount Cook on a clear day.  The Hooker Valley track is mostly flat and well-formed but some sections are rocky or muddy, and there are three or four swing bridges to cross.
On your way to Glacier Lake in the hooker valley, be aware of wooden shed,  a lot of people carved their names all over the interior walls,  there are people from Japan, UK, US, China… I would not recommend you to do the sameJ



The closet shopping centre may be 20 mins driving from where we were living.

No comments:

Post a Comment